Email: Email Me
Brian Cochran is a native San Diegan. He attended the University of California, San Diego, receiving a Bachelor’s Degree with a major in Sociology.Mr. Cochran attended Thomas Jefferson School of Law earning a Doctorate in Law in 1981. From 1981 to June 1982, Mr. Cochran was a State Certified Law Clerk with the Law Office of Milch, Wolfsheimer and Wagner. Upon being sworn in as a Member of the California State Bar Association, Mr. Cochran was hired as an Associate Attorney with Milch, Wolfsheimer and Wagner
Mr. Cochran left the firm on October 1, 1985, opening his own Law Office, which is now located in La Mesa, CA. Mr. Cochran has extensive experience in most areas of the Law. He is a Certified Family Law Specialist, certified by the State Bar of California.
Such certification requires years of practice in a particular area of the law as well as numerous hours of special education and training. In addition, each applicant must pass a peer review process, while being rated by members of both the Bar and the Bench.
Mr. Cochran also practices in Estate Planning, with an emphasis on writing Wills and Living Trusts for clients. The use of a Living Trust can save a family literally thousands of dollars in attorney fees and probate costs, as well as streamlining the process of administering an estate at the death of a family member. We generally prepare Durable Powers of Attorney, Health Care Directives, and all associated documents to make sure that your estate plans are carried out efficiently and discreetly.
In addition to the practice of Law, Mr. Cochran was a Member of the Lemon Grove City Council and the Mayor of Lemon Grove California. He was also a Member of both the Board of Directors and the Executive Board of the San Diego Associations of Governments. He was the Vice Chairman of the San Diego Solid Waste Commission and the Chairman Regional Wastewater District. He thus has a comprehensive background in Municipal Law and Land Use Planning.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Custody & Visitation
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Family Law Specialist, State Bar of California
- California, 1982
- Thomas Jefferson School of Law, San Diego, California
- Juris Doctorate – December, 1981
- University of California, San Diego, San Diego
- B.A. – March, 1978
- Major: Sociology
Honors and Awards
- Mayor of Lemon Grove California
Professional Associations and Memberships
- San Diego Bar Association, Member, June 16, 1982 – Present
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member, July 1, 1998 – Present
- California State Bar Association, Member
- San Diego Associations of Governments, Member of Board of Directors and the Executive Board
Past Employment Positions
- Law Office of Milch, Wolfsheimer and Wagner, Law Clerk, 1981 – 1982
- Milch, Wolfsheimer and Wagner, Associate Attorney
Pro Bono Activities
- Lemon Grove City Council, Member
- San Diego Solid Waste Commission, Vice Chairman
- Chairman Regional Wastewater District